Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Worst day of 2012 so far... (TMI)

and I hope its the worst over and done with.

With being 7 months pregnant I'm up every 2-3 hours in the night for a pee, which I am sure all you other ladies who have been pregnant can relate to? My Sunday night Monday morning bathroom trips were no different then 06:30 hit and bleugh! I thought there was a demon trying to kill me, if you have seen The Exorcist, it was a bit like that but from both ends! My first thought was for our little baby growing inside me but he must have heard my internal worries and spent the day kicking me like I'm a football - reassuring but not the best when you feel like that.

Hubby, as always, was amazing support - he took one look at me in the morning and ordered me back to bed immediately, he knows me too well, I would have dragged myself to work and collapsed at my desk but he reminded me that its not just me I need to think about so I took his advice, rang my boss, my bosses boss and my colleague just to make sure at least someone got the message - it will come as a shock as I'm not know for calling in sick. Slight problem - two bosses run our team, myself and another lady and guess what she called in with the same illness! I'm just glad I got there first, she's also not known for calling in sick so whoops.

Anyway I was in and out of bed all day (just the bathroom and back) had a few works calls throughout the day but as I felt so bad I just couldn't face doing anything, not even watching anything on the laptop. Hubby got home at about 5:30pm after picking up Oliver from the nursery and I came downstairs for a bit, I felt complete pants but had to spend time with our little one but I think he understood I was poorly and spent most of the time cuddled up to me with a book, awww - just as lovely as his dad.

Now you'd think spending 34 hours in bed would be bliss, let me tell you right now that it is not! I ache all over. I can't lay on my back as baby crushes me so I can't breath, I can't lay on my front else I'd crush baby therefore I only have my sides and after a while swapping sides just doesn't cut it. You can't walk around in case you throw up, sitting up makes you want to throw up and my head lolled all over the place and aching all over is not good or comfy. Went to bed at 9pm to another anticipated sleepless night and I wasn't wrong!

Worst part of it all had to be not being able to spend more time with Oliver and missing out on treat night - every Monday we get a takeaway - I told hubby to get one for himself as he deserves it. What did I have to eat? 4 cream crackers with spread on it and half a tin of mushy peas ALL DAY - I obviously must be ill as I'm usually a right foody.

On an awesome note I'm 31 weeks preggers tomorrow - 9 weeks to go! So excited to meet our little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment