Monday, January 23, 2012

Astrologists and Mediums (just my opinion)

On the way home from work there was an Astrologer on the radio talking about star signs and how all the planets are aligning and all that BS. Now don't get me wrong after chatting with the hubby I get that the moon controls the tides so it is perfectly plausible that as our brains float around in watery fluid then the moon and planets could well have an affect on my mood therefore affecting the things I do and the choices I make but come on! How can you tell someone not to try Internet dating because Mars is in Jupiter which is crossing over Saturn, or advise to keep the silent partners in your business silent as Mercury and Venus are aligning?  Its just ridiculous.

My point is that you can buy two separate news papers on the same day and each will have a star signs section which will be completely different to each other. Now some will say that its down to interpretation by the Astrologer, if thats the case then which one is right and whats the difference between an Astrologer guessing what it means and me guessing, whose to say I am any more wrong or right than them?

With all that being said at least most Astrologers think what they are doing is right and they are basing it on some kind of science and not just as a rip off, now mediums on the other hand...

Mediums just make me so mad! A very small few may just be crazy and think that the dead are talking to them but most are just complete con artists. If the dead could communicate with the living we would have absolute proof by now with all the technology we have. I have seen so many expose shows about these people yet people still fall for it! Now I know for some it brings them comfort and if the people that are giving the comfort are only doing it for that reason then why not do it for free or for a minimal charge? No they fleece people right left and centre and you know what? some are stupid enough to deserve it, but most are vulnerable and do not.

Its called cold reading, and don't get me wrong, you have to be incredibly smart and dedicated to do it. Not everyone can do it so for that and only that I give them credit. I watched an experiment once where a bloke posing as a medium to a group of around 50 people spent time with them and then wrote them all a reading. They all read it and couldn't believe how great it was and how personal to them - he got them all in a room again about an hour later and showed them that they'd all had the same reading, this is because you can apply all readings to most situations and life experiences if you really want to. You'll hear a lot, especially when you watch these dodgy TV shows where the medium has an audience "go away and think about it" - this is when the Medium has got it wrong and the person they are reading is having a problem associating what has been said to them to something in their life however if you think about it long enough, you'll eventually find something to apply it to, no matter what it is and then you'll be sure that the Medium was absolutely right and brilliant.

I once pondered something similar about Mediums on a social network site and some guy claiming to have 'the gift' offered me a free reading and said he already had things coming through to me for me now and said he would give me a free reading. I accepted but he said that he needs to see me face to face, why would you need to do this? Its so you can read my subtle reactions thats what - he refused to tell me anything over the Internet which spoke a thousands words to me!

What else can I say? I don't like Astrologers much, but I really don't like profit greedy Mediums!  The message for Mr or Mrs Medium is - if you really and truly do have a gift then you tell me, what is my Maternal uncles full name? Most of that side of the family have now passed away as well as most of his work colleagues so you should have no problem finding a dead person to find out from. Its a simply question, answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment