Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cheating on Blackberry

I've had a BB for 2 years but I have finally given up on it. So many problems with it with the main ones being taking 5 mins to turn on and sometimes coming up with a timer on the screen which can take up to 10 mins to finish doing its thing.

I've gone for the IPhone, now I am no techy therefore I have gone for the cheaper version (3GS). I've only had it for 6 hours and I already love it. Had some initial set up problems because I'm a complete idjit! but I finally got there.

Funny thing is though is I haven't really used it much for myself yet except for FB, I've been downloading free apps for Oliver and he loves them. Especially the Spongebob one. I'll have a look at some stuff later after 7pm when the little one is in bed, looking forward to seeing what apps are out there!

Well Oliver's carpet was finally put down this morning (as well as the bathroom vinyl) its very red (the carpet not the vinyl :-)), even the carpet guy checked with us that it was the right one! Its really nice though as it goes. Olivers Thomas Tank Engine bed is up as well as his Thomas curtains, his Thomas Toy Box and Thomas Bookcase. We have also transferred over his wardrobe and draws which as they are white with a kind of blue shimmer it goes really well. Need some black out blinds in summer though as the curtains aren't lined. As it turns out, Olivers new room has more space than ours, not fair. We have built in wardrobes, feel like ripping them out but  history suggest we'll uncover untold nasties, which I'd rather not deal with at nearly 8 months pregnant.

Seems as though Oliver has taken a mardy pill today though because even though he loves his new room he has spent today going mental at every opportunity. I just hope he isn't poorly as he is usually such a good boy. He just wants the complete opposite at the moment and is screaming his head off in time out but when he has done his 2 mins and we ask for an apology he says no, he know a hug and an aopolgy is the end of time out, think he is just testing the boundaries but it is very frustrating.

He is at the moment screaming that he doesn't want dinner so when we say thats fine he says he wants it so we tell him we need to put his bib on and again says no. He will not win, he won't be one of those children that ends up getting what they want, I've seen those type of kids grow up and there is no other way to describe them apart from being little sh1ts.

Anyone been watching 'Call the Midwife' on BBC 1? It was really interesting but I can honestly say that I would never want to be in a position where I had to give birth to a baby that is breech (which apparently they allow in hospital still???) I think that would be one of my few reasons I would elect to have a C-Section.

Here is hoping for a nice 'normal' birth.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Terri,

    I have just discovered your blog this morning and am working through some of your old posts - I'm very much enjoying the read :)

    Just wanted to comment on the breech baby thing. The numpty midwives when I had my second little boy didn't realise he was breech. Gave everyone a big shock wen his bum popped out instead of his head he did!! :) I have to say, that i certainly didn't notice the difference. I was just confused that I could feel something dangling when I thought there should have been a head between my thighs!! ha ha!

    I don't know if its still a concern (I've not read that far yet :D) but just wanted to say if it is it's not the end of the world by any means and in terms of labour and birth it certainly didn't make any difference for me.

    Luv Lorna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorna

    Thanks for the follow. I'm not too concerned that baby will be breech as has been head down since 24 ish weeks but being a natural worrier, that along with other things is always in the back of my mind.

    Terri xx

    ReplyDelete