Friday, January 13, 2012

Toothpasted!

It was the first day of a new chapter at work today and I wake up to hubby having the lurgy! Oops, looks like I passed it on.
On a selfish note I had to get up at 06:30 so that I could shower, get Oliver ready and walk him up to nursery! For some torturous reason, not that either I can fathom hubby got up and decided to drive us. Silly man, shouldn't have got out of bed as it made him feel even more poorly and he was in bed the rest of the day, apart from toilet breaks to throw up the pizza he ate the night before!

Work went ok, everyone is being respectful and after a few emails and chats I think the team are realising that this change is here now, its here for good and they need to respect myself and my colleague as the boss. Boy did I not realise how much work my boss actually did until he left us. Feel like I am putting out fires all over the place however I must admit I am enjoying it even to the point where I ended having to stay an extra hour or so to finish some things up and I didn't mind too much - except it meant I didn't see much of Oliver yesterday.

With "him indoors" being poorly poor me had to get the chav wagon (translation: Bus) home. So picture this, a 31 week pregnant woman running down the street just getting to the back of the bus when it pulls off, nuts! Managed to get around the corner and catch the other one in time though. There are several reasons that I don't like buses and one of them happened yesterday. Woman on bus wants you to know she should not be there at all and is a victim of circumstance (as was I but didn't need to show it) for the entire 25 minute bus journey she had several loud telephone conversations on her mobile phone planning the trip to the Maldives she is taking with her friend on Xmas and New year this year (2012). "Hello Darling, would you like to fly with Emerates but this would mean a change over in Dubai or would you like to fly direct from Heathrow". I'm sorry but who the F cares love. If you are so flush get your limo to pick you up next time!

You may have noticed the title of this post that I haven't yet mentioned and the reason for that is no one mentioned it to me all frigging day! Just before hubby and I were due to go to bed he said, whats that on your neck - looked in the mirror and there was a huge line of toothpaste all the way down my neck so thanks for every person I spoke to and spent time with all day today, I appreciate it, NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment