Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Relaxing vs Cleaning

As you may have read yesterday, I decided that today was the day I was going to rest as I didn't do it yesterday.

I got up at around 7:30 got Oliver and myself ready, had our breakkie and watched some Spongebob for an hour while I emptied the dishwasher and did the little things that households do every day. Took Oliver to nursery at 10am and thats when it started to go wrong.

I decided that I could pick up some bits from the shop for dinner so I did that, I then went to see the Midwife but on the way back I decided to call work on the way home. This resulted in a 25 minute work chat that really has nothing to do with me any more. I then came home and had some lunch as well as preparing the evening dinner (as a woman in the modern world I can do 2 things at once!).

You know how you just randomly look around though and see the 'little things'? I decided a little dusting around the TV area was required, this resulted in me sorting out all the DVD's in the cabinet and polishing around the TV area. But while I was sat on the floor I thought the coffee table could do with sorting out so I took all the mags etc... from under it and sorted into 2 piles, recycle and keep. I then dusted and polished the table and put back the mags to be kept. (Dusted and polished the fireplace too).

On the way to the recycling bin I notice that the indoor recycle bin also needed emptying so I did that also but then thought the bin needed a clean so I cleaned it. I came back indoors and thought the door looked a bit grubby so I gave that a wipe down.  I walked through the porch and into the kitchen and thought the cork board could so with some re-arranging as well as the things stuck, with magnets, on the front of the fridge so I sorted that.

I thought right, I'm done until I saw the oven, only spent 30 mins to do that and then wiped over the worktop. Couple of hours later and I was done!

Maybe I'll relax tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment