Tuesday, March 6, 2012

39 week Midwife visit

I had my midwife appointment today, all is well and baby is happy. 


I chatted to her about the fact I calculated my due date as 23/03/12 but that the scans pushed it forward 10 days but that now I am measuring 2 weeks small (measuring 37 weeks today) and was wondering if she thought that they had any relation to each other. She agreed that it is likely that it is my date that is the correct one and that it is up to me what I want to do about that.


I have a further MW appt when I am 7 days overdue (by their dates) and are then offering to book me in for induction on 12 days over (which will be 2 days over by my dates). She said if don't want an induction they can do a scan and check all is well but that it is my decision as to whether I have an induction or wait a while. She said she cannot professionally agree to me going further than 12 days however she can personally agree that it is likely my dates are the correct ones.

What a dilemma. I don't even think there is a question there as we can't risk our baby no matter how minimally but lets just hope I go into labour before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment