Thursday, March 8, 2012

Poorly-Sick

Hi

Not sure if I mentioned before but I have had a cold on and off now for one whole week! Its one of those ones that has yours eye and nose running as well as tickly throat and itchy eyes (defo not hay fever fyi).

Problem is my illness is making me snore so the poor hubby isn't getting much sleep at all. He even spent half the night on the couch last night :-(. With me being poorly he got up at 7:30 with Oliver this morning to allow me a lie-in but I couldn't lie flat any more so I was up by 8am. Well I say up but it is now 1pm and I am still in my pjs. I'm just glad I have done lots of cleaning this week as today is the day I am just going to sit here and stay!

Hubby is upstairs busy building Olivers new set of drawers and wardrobe so after today I'll finally have somewhere to put the baby clothes as we'll be taking the nursery furniture out of his room and back in the nursery.

Toilet training - not going well at all!  Spoke to Olivers mentor/key worker at nursery yesterday and she thinks he is not ready and I tend to agree as he just doesn't care when he wees or poos himself. Thing is he is nearly 2 years 8 months and I really want him sorted by 3. We'll give him another few weeks and try again I guess, there is no point in forcing a situation that is just not working.

Not sure if I mentioned that MW said my iron level was a little low, not low enough for iron tablets but low enough to look at my diet. No wonder my iron levels are low, I hate 90% of the food that contains iron - Oily fish, lentils, liver - ewwww. Not going to happen. The one thing I do like is eggs (not the yolk though - I know I am weird!) and guess what, the bit that has the most iron is the yolk therefore I had egg on toast for breakkie with the yolk mixed in, an egg and cress sandwich for lunch and I am having a omelette with gammon tonight - boom, iron levels sorted (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment