Sunday, February 12, 2012

Maternity and Billy Connolly

Well the decision was made. It was decided that I would make my last day at work 23rd Feb. All was planned out - official letter written to employer etc...

Anyway, I gets to work on the Thursday and I pull aside the other manager on the team to let her know my plan before I tell the boss however it turns out she had already spoke to the boss for me and suggested I work from home for the rest of my maternity - nice one. I ask my boss myself if that was an option for me and she said she will look into it and call me back.

I hear nothing all day Thurs or Friday so my decision was made and I felt fine with it. I called the boss on Friday afternoon to tell her 'the plan' but she jumps in first with risk assessments and that she'll come in on Monday and do the assessment then potentially go home early Monday and only come in when I am needed. I'm not holding my breath and I'm more than happy to leave on 23rd Feb. I have plenty of Jeremy Kyle and Eastenders to catch up on!

Went to see Billy Connolly last night, I'd bought the tix as a Xmas prezzie for the hubby and I wasn't looking forward to it for 2 reasons. 1) Front row centre to see a comedian (am I crazy!) and 2) Not really my cup of tea. There turned out to be a 3rd reason. We get to the theatre and we heard and announcement that I nearly had a heart attack from hearing "at the request of the artist there will be no interval". Ahhh, No interval + 8 months preggers + front row centre + comedian = not a good mix! As you can imagine I decided not to drink at all before or during the performance and had 2 wees in half an hour beforehand.

I was pleasantly surprised, after about 45 mins I really got into it and he was on for 2hr 45mins. Baby was bouncing around all over the place for nearly the whole time and towards the end of the show my bladder was starting to protest but I made it. Not that I'd have moved anyway as I'm not having a comedian take the p out of me (excuse the pun) for going for a wee.

Gutted he didn't he didn't ask me if I wanted a rich godfather for my unborn child though! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment